Friday, August 28, 2009

Frozen Key Lime Pie

Doesn't every cafe need a good pie recipe?  In the heat of the summer, I love frozen key lime pie. It reminds me of the beach and it goes down smooth.  After searching through several recipes, I found my favorite on Food Network.

Frozen Key Lime Pie
by Robin Miller 2007

1 (8-ounce) container nondairy whipped topping, thawed slightly
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
Freshly grated lime zest, for sprinkling

In a medium bowl, whisk together the whipped topping, condensed milk and lime juice until smooth. Spoon the mixture into graham cracker crust and smooth the surface with a spatula.

Set in the freezer until firm, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle lime zest over the top before serving.

**I found that the lime flavor gets stronger as it is kept in the freezer longer.**

No comments:

Post a Comment