Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Knitting Impatience Take 2

As you know, I've been a little frustrated with my knitting lately.  I think ripping out an entire sweater will do that to you, but I was getting frustrated before I did that.  In fact, I think I rushed knitting that sweater and actually the impatience caused some of my errors.  I've been thinking since I'm prone to reflection anyway.  

I've been knitting for a little over 3 years now, and I think that I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself.  Some of my impatience is due to the fact that my actual skills don't match the skills I desire.  These will come in time as I continue to knit.  I recently heard an interview of the Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (The Yarn Harlot) and she emphasized over and over that she had been knitting for 34 years.  When you compare 3 years to 34 years, the skills are a little overwhelming.  Perhaps time will heal my frustrations. I just need to concentrate on why I like knitting and continue in my practice and the skills will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment